Trials,tribulations,problems will always come knocking at your door,but how you handle them is the key to overcome them. Troubles,trials,and tribulation should not surprise or astonished us,because, Jesus warned us in John 16:33 “… In the world ye shall have tribulation.but be of good cheer;I have overcome the world”. Which simple means that we can overcome too. Therefore,When troubles hit we need an encouragement list, to lift us up and out of the dungeons, and out of depression like what King David did years ago. If you depend on folks to cheer you up,most of them fail,or even make you feel worse,so we have to learn how to encourage ourselves through God’s word,because He backs His word,and promises 100%. Here are some of my favorites that help me: God is my refuge and fortress in Him will I trust; Surely He will deliver me from the snares of the enemy, and from the noisome pestilence (Psalms 91:2-3). You have to personalize it, apply it to you, in order to get the full effect. As a matter of fact all of Psalm 91 or better yet the whole Bible is an encouragement, and if you study it or read it you will see what God is trying to tell you. Yes, I know you are more interested in my list, than my commentary, ok let me run through it.
- God loves me so much He sent, His Son to die for me (John 3:16)
- Nothing can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:29)
- God never leaves me, nor forsakes me (Hebrews 13:5);
- God wants me to be prosperous and healthy (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Today no weapon formed against me is going to prosper, and every tongue that rises up against me in judgement I condemn, because this is my heritage as a righteous person (Isaiah 54:17). Now I have to make a comment on this one, because if you are not a righteous person you can’t operate or function in your God-given power and authority to have those words come to pass.
The encouragement list is more than just words, it speaks life into your day, and sets the tone for the day. It also helps you to renew your mind as Romans 12:2 suggests,and it gives you the power to cast down imaginations,and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ,as 2Corinthians 10:5 suggests
Before I give you any more, you must understand that you can’t have an encouragement list and not have faith to believe, and stand on God’s promises, which functions in obedience to Him (God). “I am not feeling well today,” is something you don’t want to speak into existence. Speak God’s word into existence, say
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His image, and likeness (Psalm 139:14)
- I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
- God always supply my needs, according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
That’s part of my list that I use to encourage myself. Do you have a list of your own?
Just like how we start our morning off with coffee, tea or breakfast, we should start our morning off with God, because He said, He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). So in order to get your encouragement list up and popping you better seek God first. To seek Him you must go through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who is the only way to God (John 14:6). So, if you don’t know God or His Son go to the top of this blog, click on to the salvation page and get started on your journey.
Now unto Him who is able to keep us from falling, and to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to Him who is Immortal and Invisible, the only wise God, our Savior, be glory, praise, honor,and thanks for using me to release this message. In Jesus name, Amen.